The World's most scenic airports
Every year private jet booking platform PrivateFly conducts a survey among its followers and readers (not for nothing PrivateFly boasts one of the best blogs on private aviation out there!) about the most scenic airports to land at.
Guess which ones made it to the top of the list this year?
1. Malta International Airport, Malta
2. Nice Cote D'Azur Airport, France
3. Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
4. Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
5. Saba Airport (Juancho E Yrausquin), Caribbean
6. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
7. Donegal Airport, Ireland
8. St Maarten Airport (Princess Juliana International), Caribbean
9. Los Angeles International Airport, USA
10. London City Airport, UK
As a personal note, I was pleased to see Malta come on top, since I recently read "Empires of the Sea", a substantial part of the book being devoted to the Great Siege of Malta. Watching the landing videos allowed me to get an even better grasp of the geography of the island, the setting of such a dramatic historical episode.
For Saba, I recommend this video produced by my journalist friend Leslie Yip, delivering a pizza by air from nearby Sint Maarten!
I might be a bit biased here, but I think the approach to Barcelona from the North, alongside the city's seafront could also qualify.